Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grand Canyon Camp Out

We have lived in Arizona for almost 4 years and have never seen the Grand Canyon, so we thought we had better make the trip while we are still so close. We packed up Monday, May 4 and left after Jenessa got home from school and camped in the Grand Canyon Park that night. Then, on Tuesday, we spent all day sight seeing the Grand Canyon. It was so much fun and awe inspiring - it is truly a magnificent sight. We hiked along the rim, went through the museums, climbed rocks and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. We camped again that night and came home Wednesday, May 6.


Mather Point




I put this picture in to show Taiya's silly little personality!


Along the Trail

I couldn't get this close to the edge - it made my stomach feel all funny - but Heber had no fear!


Taiya crashed along the hike


The Hopi House - notice how short the doors are


Isis Temple

Look Out Studio
- This studio and the Hopi House are part of Grand Canyon Village which was built in the early 1900's.

Hermits Rest - the lookout farthest to the west

We haven't camped in a long time so it was fun to get down and dirty! Taevin was a bear though - he is only used to sleeping in his crib so he did not do well with us in the tent - that made for one grumpy boy... and one mom eager to get back home! All in all it really was a great get away!

Taevin loved to dig in the dirt with his little spoon


We had deer walk right through our camp - it was so cool!

As a side note - we got home around lunch time and Taevin was so happy to sit and eat in his high chair...
...and while he was eating so happy and content for the first time in the last two days, I look over and notice THIS...
Yes - that is poop oozing like a mud slide down the side of his high chair and his legs....I had never seen so much poop in my life!

6 comments:

BensonFam said...

Ewwwwwww! Glad you had a fun camp out though (that is something we never did and I so regret it now.) And glad you had a Happy Mothers day!! AND glad that you posted again! :)
Much love!

tessa said...

I am so laughing out loud. That is a crazy amount of poop and I've done a few in my day. That is awesome! I'm impressed you grabbed the camera. Such a fun camping trip. What memories!

tessa said...

Oh and I guess it could have been worse. That poop could have been on the trip:)!

M&EMS said...

Holy poop! That is nasty!!! I wondered what the Grand Canyon looked like from others views. We hiked it last year, and we didn't get to see all of the sights like you guys did. Glad you had fun!

Shari' said...

Oh now that is the best present a Mom can ask for, right! How funny is that, it is a lot more funny when you are not the mom cleaning it up. How Gross!! It's a good thing we love these kids soooo much.

Susan said...

Wo poop! What a mess - love how he still looks so happy amidst all that poop. boys! ;)