Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween Party

We had a little Halloween party at the club house last week and I was really excited about it because of the girls costumes. I got really ambitious this year and decided to make them myself - thanks to my neighbor Melissa I didn't feel too intimidated. Jenessa decided she wanted to be Dorothy and Taiya is going to be Glenda the Good Witch. I ended up sewing all day the day before the party, and the whole day of to finish Taiya's dress (which never would have gotten done without Melissa!!). The party was at 5:30 pm and it was literally finished at 5:10 pm! But I was excited because my girls would be so cute. It didn't work out quite as I would have it - it turns out Taiya is not nearly as girly as Jenessa. I showed her the dress and said "look how pretty Taiya!" It is pink and sparkly and any girl in her right mind would love it! But not Taiya - she took one look at it and said her trademark line "No! I don't like it!" I thought for sure once she got it on she would love it and calm down - I can only wish! It took both me and Heber to get it on her as she kicked and screamed bloody murder the whole time! The whole time it was on she kept pulling and tearing at it screaming "I don't like it!!" and she didn't stop until we finally took it off.

Who's child is she anyway?!?! :)

So Taiya ended being an orphan the rest of the party -
but at least Jenessa looked cute!




The party was still fun - they pinned the face on the pumpkin


decorated pumpkins





had a doughnut eating contest and just had fun! Thanks Brit for all you did! I just hope Taiya will wear her costume on Halloween - I'm not holding my breath!

7 comments:

Savannah said...

Wow, Liora, I'm impressed! Those costumes are beautiful! Too bad Taiya has too much a mind of her own . . . although it is pretty funny! I hope she will wear it on Halloween, though! Love ya!

Susan said...

Oh man! That is such a bummer! I'm worried about Emma not wanting to wear her costume either... She is winnie the pooh and yesterday I tried to get her to put it on and she screamed like crazy the whole time... I just wanted to make sure it would fit! But goodness sakes... hopefully when we convince her that she only gets candy if she wears her costume, then she'll go for it... otherwise, maybe Taiya and Emma can be naked orphans together! ;)

BensonFam said...

k - that story made me laugh so hard. Oh Taiya.... Beautiful job on the costumes though! I'm so impressed!

Peck Family said...

Kids are so funny! But she is so cute even if she's not a princess.

the landreths said...

I love the picture of Jenessa hugging the scarecrow prop!

Shelly and Ken said...

Well, I think the dress looks really cute. Too bad Taiya doesn't like it. By the way WOW! I'm really impressed both dresses look SO cute. You did a really good job.

B said...

Liora, that's hilarious! Seriously, I'm sitting here by myself laughing out loud at your orphan picture/comment about Taiya. So cool that you made the costumes--I'm feeling inspired. We'll see how far the inspiration goes. :) It's so great to read your blog and feel connected to you guys.