Friday, March 30, 2007

Jenessa, Jenessa, Jenessa

So Jenessa is fascinated with death, I know go figure, but she is always saying, "Mommy I don't want to die because it will take a long time before I will be alive again" I keep telling her not to worry about it and one time she said "can we all lay on the trampoline and hold hands and die together" I told her that sounded like a good idea and she even had to mention dying in her testimony, she said, (among other things) "...and I know we will die..." I tried to get her to say something else, or leave death out all together, but she wouldn't think of it, and then we were in the car the other day driving to Target and out of the blue Jenessa said "I never met great Nana," (my grandma), and I said "well, that's because she's dead" and she said "did you meet her?" Me - "a long time ago when I was your age, but then she died so I don't remember her very much" Jenessa - "where did she live" me - "in Georgia" Jenessa - "maybe I could go there and meet her" me - "no because she is dead" Jenessa - "Where is she" me - "we buried her body in the ground and her spirit is in heaven" Jenessa - "but it's so hot in the dirt" me - "but it doesn't matter because she is dead, she can't feel it, her spirit is in heaven and that is where she is" Jenessa - "but it's so hot in the ground....is she straight or curved" me - (wondering what in the world she means) "uuhhh, straight" and every time she plays princess she has to die and so do her friends who play with her, so we have all these little girls falling down all over the living room dying and today I heard her talking to her friend and she was talking about how she had a little chick that died and we had to bury it in the ground...we've never had a chick, especially one that died...I told her to stop telling stories - she just looked at me and smiled.

2 comments:

Nunes Family said...

Ok, this story made me laugh. Jenessa is quite the girl. Sometimes I wonder were they come up with the stuff they say.

Susan said...

That is interesting that she has such a fascination with death. Your conversation was funny. Ben's decided that he wants to be buried "curved". LOL