Sunday, August 2, 2009

Farmers Market

Heber had a Saturday off so we decided to check out the farmer's market. It was fun, the prices were more than I was expecting, but we all enjoyed the experience!!



The girls checking out the Maumee River



Of course I couldn't get one with both of their eyes open!!







Our spoils! It was super yummy produce though - nothing like home grown!!


I just had to show a typical view of Toledo.....
this is how it looks downtown. Everything is very old and run down. There are some gorgeous old style homes, but they are all run down and ghetto. Notice all the boards in the windows.....yeah.


I have to say though that I am enjoying it here more and more. The ladies I have met here are fantastic and so much fun.....they definitely help to pass the time when Heber is away....and living here is almost like taking a step back in time, all the neighborhoods are older and everything seems to run at a slower pace. Toledoans don't seem to believe in privacy fences so you can't help but get to know your neighbors, there are little ice cream stands just down the block, and life just seems simpler. I kinda like it!


6 comments:

Tenille said...

Im gald you like it there. We sure do miss you guys!

Leslie and Josh said...

I'm glad your are enjoying yourself there. It always makes it easier when you can make friends fast, especially with your neighbors. I'm glad to hear you're adjusting well.

Misty said...

That is awesome! How cool that you get to experience life in so many different places:)

Susan said...

Farmers markets are so amusing! what a good outing with the fam!

Jodi said...

My favorite thing about this post? The Heb shorts! Wicked awesome :) I'm glad you're doing well, we miss you guys so much!

Anonymous said...

I agree with jodi, awesome shorts Heber!

Yup, that's the Ohio I remember and love!