Saturday, Dec. 20 was our last day in New York. We woke up to another cold and snowy day. We headed across town to see the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, and Ground Zero. We didn't have much time, because we had to catch a bus at 3:00 pm to take us back to Philly for our flight back to Utah. It was still amazing to see, even if it was just quickly! We took the subway over to the other side of the island and we got the true subway experience: a mariachi band serenaded us for a while and then a girl came through giving us her spill about why she needed money.
waiting for the train
We just looked at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island from the shore. It was so bitterly cold with the wind coming off the water that we didn't really want to take the ferry all the way out to the statue, and it would cost $30 a person just to get out there and climb to the top. It was still awesome to see even from a distance. (Here are all the pictures I have from that day Karene! Finally!)


9 comments:
What fuN!! I love New York! We did it really fast too but had a ball!
Fun pictures!!! How fun for you to able to go with Heber and make a fun trip out of it!:)
Thanks for the Tour. I would love so much to be able to go back there again with Josh. How exciting. Good for you guys. Keep us all posted on the interviews.
I've never been to NYC, but sooo want to! Loved all the great pictures - looks like you definitely had a great trip!
HOORAY!! Liora has returned!! What a fun trip - I'm glad you guys had a great time. Can't wait to hear where you guys end up for residency - keep us posted!
I didn't know that you two had so many adventures over the Christmas break! New York is such a fun place to visit--but, I've never been to Philladelphia. Thanks for sharing!
WOW How fun it that!!! I am so glad to see you finally posted I was beginning to worry about you! Good to see ya again:)
Yeah, Im so gald to see you posted! It looks like you guys have been busy. How fun to go with Heber. Your a lucky girl. Taven is growing up. Holy Moly.
Really that's me goofing off in the background and Heber just standing there :)
Post a Comment