I know it has been forever since I have posted - but life has crazy!! Taevin has been wonderful to have in our family but has also given us a run for our money! We have finally decided that we think he has acid reflux. He is pretty much just fussy whenever he is awake, and doesn't sleep well at all. We got a prescription for Zantac and hopefully that will help him feel better. We have tried everything else: Gripe Water, peppermint tea, ginger tea, chamomile tea, and mylocon drops. Things are slowly getting better though, and when he does smile it is the sweetest thing in the whole world. He turned 2 months on Friday, the 9, and scored awesome on his percentiles. We knew he was a big boy but we didn't realize he was growing quite so well!! Here are his stats:
Length: 25 1/4 inches - 97%
Weight: 14 lbs. 5 oz - 95 %
Head: 39 1/2 cm - 50%
He is already in size 3 diapers, and 3-6 months clothes (which aren't big on him!). I am kinda blown by how well he is growing because my girls didn't grow this quickly! I am glad though, it's a good thing!

Taiya has been completely potty trained for the last two weeks!! YAY!! What a wonderful thing! Her favorite part I think is wearing the fun panties - her very favorite are her Ariel panties,
she has a thing for mermaids! She probably could have potty trained back in December, but I wasn't ready to be serious with it and she was too off and on about it. I finally decided I was ready to only have one in diapers and she got it down in a day! The first day she had one accident, and then nothing since. She is turning into such a big girl and I just love her tons!
Jenessa is just the greatest big sister and helper that I could ask for. Her most favorite thing is to help Taevin, especially when she can stand up and hold him - I think it makes her feel very big, and grown up! She got up this morning and had four bowls set out and was pouring cereal into all of them so that breakfast would be ready for us all when we got up! She is getting ready for her ballet/tap dance recital in June and loves to do her dance for anyone who will sit and watch and absolutely can't wait to finally be able to perform on the stage!! I think she is a lot like me! ;)

Last Saturday, the 3rd, we went to the zoo. It was a ton of fun - we haven't been in a while and it was an especially grand adventure because Heber got to go with us. Why is everything so much more fun when Dad comes along?? We have been really lucky because Heber has had some pretty easy rotation lately and been around a lot more. I think we deserve it though since he was gone so much at the beginning of the school year.
As for me - I am trying to stay on top of things. I love Taevin to death but he has made life much more difficult. Not only the challenge of three, but to have the third be so fussy makes things kinda hard at times - thus the slacking on the blog!! :) But I think we are finally starting to get back into a groove! I was made the primary chorister two weeks ago so that is fun! Overall, life is great - I can't believe Heber starts his fourth and final year of medical school in a few weeks, how the time flies!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Baby, Big Girls, and Big Adventures
Posted by
Liora
at
11:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
This time of night really is the only time to get anything done, huh? Such fun pictures and sweet kids. I can't believe how big Taevin is. Good job Mama!
It sounds like your little Taevin is keeping you bysy!! I hope he stats feeling better soon. Your girls are so sweet! and well done, Heber...it sounds like a long haul, with just 1 year left.
It was fun getting updated on your family. It is hard when your baby is fussy. Aubrey was such a fussy baby. I just think you get through, and then be thankful that it is over. Your girls are so cute. Kami
So fun to hear from you! Sorry things are crazy, but it looks like you are doing a great job!
I just have to say that your little Taevin sounds just like my Broc. He was the same exact way, you love him to death but oh my, it is sooooo hard! All I can say is Broc stopped at about 6 months, and is now the happiest kid ever! I think he is making up for all the trama he caused his first 6 months of life. Just like Grandpa Phillips would say, "Keep on keeping on!" It is SOOOO hard! I am totally feelin' for ya!
Your kids are so so so so CUTE!
Oh Liora - Taevin sounds exactly like how Caleb started out. Zantac helped a little, but it wasn't until we started him on Prevacid and then I stopped drinking dairy that he really improved a ton. Other than our nights still being a little rough he is such a happy little guy! Good luck! I hope you get things figured out with him and that things settle down. Your girls are BEAUTIFUL! We miss you! Let us know next time you're headed up to Utah.
So fun to see that you updated your blog! :) Your family is so cute! And little Taevin is growing so fast! I hope he continues to progress in being less fussy for you. What a cute boy he is. And you are right - you definitely deserve a month with your hubby around more!
Your kids are so cute, and little Taevin is a cute little chunk. I love chunky babies. I'm glad things are getting better. It will be fun seeing you guys this summer!
love the pics of Taevin and Janessa. So cute!
Hey Liora--no apologies about not posting! I'm impressed you did at all with three kids! I have a rough time posting with just one! I'm sorry Taevin's been having a hard time, and I sure hope the Zantac helps. Acid reflux is no fun for those little guys (nor is it any fun for mommy!) Hang in there and just keep telling yourself that this too shall pass! He's SOOOOOO beautiful, by the way! Nice work!
Good job Taiya!! Ariel is awesome!!
Jenessa has the most beautiful hair, it's almost like gold!
Taevin looks so much like Heber, he is just gorgeous!
Post a Comment