Monday, August 27, 2007

Ramblings of Me...

So I went to the doctor today for my check-up - I am twelve weeks and one day. I was excited so hear the heartbeat and get the reassurance that there really is baby in there and everything is ok. It never really seems real to me until I can hear the heartbeat and feel it move. I was also a little more anxious than normal because I had about 5 days of minor spotting (no cramping thankfully) earlier in the month, which I have never had with my other pregnancies, and so I just wanted the reassurance that all was well. Anyway - I went in and luckily Heber was able to come with me at the last minute, and they couldn't find the heartbeat! As they kept looking and looking with no success I was quite close to tears. So then they sent me over for an ultrasound and we were able to get in right away (which was wonderful), and saw that everything was just fine!!! Talk about a roller coaster of emotions. Everything looked great with the baby - it all looked like it was developing right and it had a strong little heartbeat and was moving like crazy. Needless to say I left the office very relieved! And I really am pregnant!




So I feel like I have been full of crazy up and down emotions the past couple of weeks and I think it all has to do with the heat finally getting to me!! Can I just say I am so sick and tired of it being hot!! The girls and I get stir crazy in our apartment, and there isn't a ton new to do day after day, and with the heat outside it is pretty much unbearable so the park is out. I guess I always have stuff to clean, but I am so sick of cleaning that I kinda just try to pretend it doesn't exist. Not to mention the girls have not been getting enough sleep lately and so they have been extra whinny - which I can never handle for long - and that compounded with being inside all day is making us all go crazy!! If only we could just go outside and run around a little and get their energy out! (Big sigh) This too shall pass. This is our first full summer here and all I can say is hopefully our last!! :) Sorry about all the complaining - I just had to get it off my chest.
But I must say my girls are the cutest and I love them to death and I do love being their mom. Some days (or weeks) are just harder than others!! :)

6 comments:

Nunes Family said...

Glad we could chat on the phone today and catch up. I love your little pictures of your baby. I can't wait to find out what your having.

Peck Family said...

Liora- heart felt comments. Glad to know everything is okay. Im hot too! Lets all skinny dip at the MWU pool.

Susan said...

Skinny dipping?! Awesome! Sounds so refreshing! Good idea Heather. ;)

Stacy said...

Sorry it has been such a rough week! Hopefully it will get better!

If you guys do go skinny dipping, please forget your cameras!! Or at least don't blog any pictures!!

Miss you guys!

the landreths said...

Great pictures. It's so reassuring to get that early ultrasound. Summers there are rough, aren't they. Sorry it's been so long!

BensonFam said...

Liora I miss you!!! Make sure when you guys make the trip up north this winter that you stop and see us. If you don't I will be very very sad!!!!