We left Monday, July 2, for Idaho!! We were so excited to see Nana and Papa and Jenessa kept asking when we would be there. The airport went very smoothly, which was wonderful. I was so nervous because I hadn't flown in almost 10 years, and I was all by myself with the two girls and our bags. Thankfully, Aubree drove us to the airport and we got there with time to spare. There wasn't a line at the ticket counter, and we were able to get our bags checked and then take our time getting to the gate. When we got to security gate there was an older lady in front of us who you could tell only tolerated children and who had a small dog in a carry on bag. The bag looked just like a regular bag you would carry with you, except that when you looked closely you could see the mesh on the sides and the dog. Jenessa just thought that was the coolest thing and was so taken with the dog, because it looked like Wishbone (from the TV show) and because of the cool bag. So as the lady was going through the x-ray she had to take the dog out and carry it through. Jenessa hurried through and went right up to the lady and started asking questions non-stop: What is your dog's name? It is a boy dog or a girl? Is it a baby or is it big? Your dog looks like Wishbone. Why do you put it in the bag? Can I hold it? Your dog looks like Wishbone. Why did you take the dog out? and on and on. The funny thing was that Jenessa didn't take a breath between questions, and I don't think the old lady said two words back to her. It was pretty funny.
Jenessa was so excited when we were able to finally get on the plane (this was her first time flying). She was sitting by the window and as we were taxing down the runway she kept saying "when are we going to blast off? I can't wait until we blast off!" When the plane finally started picking up speed she got so excited and started squealing so loud that I had to put my hand over her mouth because the whole plane could hear her. Then she hid her eyes saying, "I can't look! It's too scary to blast off!" as she would sneak a peak out her window. Once we were in the air she thought it was so awesome to look down and see the earth. She said "I see the earth! We're not on earth anymore! Where are we? Everything is so small!" I had to tell her we were still on earth just up in the air in the sky.
As we were in the middle of our flight, Jenessa had to use the bathroom. I had taken her before we got on the plane, but of course she had to go again. I told her she had to wait until we landed, but finally she told me she really had to go and couldn't wait any longer. We had the window and middle seat, and a little old lady had the aisle seat and she was sleeping. So I had to wake her up, set Taiya over her in the aisle who immediately started crying and saying Mommy!! and took of running away from me down the aisle of the plane. I had to crawl over the old lady and then help Jenessa over as well. By this time Taiya is well down the aisle still crying and I kept saying Taiya, I'm right here! Behind you! We got to the end of the aisle and realized the drink cart was still in the way, so we had to go all the way up to the front of the plane. We finally make it and I get Jenessa inside the bathroom while Taiya and I are waiting for here outside. Then Jenessa gets scared having the door closed, so I have to leave it open a little, when she starts to go pooh. We are right by the first class passengers, the door is open, and Jenessa is going pooh - I felt so bad for the poor people! She gets done and needs me to wipe her, so I have to try and squeeze myself and Taiya inside - needless to say the door wouldn't shut. I start wiping her and she starts crying very loudly and says (also very loudly) "That hurts, that hurts! Use wet toilet paper, not dry!" Which I am sure everyone also heard!!
It was so fun when we finally landed to see Nana waiting for us! Jenessa was so excited! It made it all worth it!
Friday, July 6, 2007
July 2 - At the Airport
Posted by
Liora
at
11:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What an amusing story! I can't believe you had to deal with the airplane potty while in the air... what a chore! When we recently flew, it was maybe the one time I was glad that Emma is still in diapers. :)
oh, liora, thanks for sharing and giving us a good laugh. this is why we love having kids, eh?
Post a Comment